I felt like such a tree hugger today. I am at work and one of my new duties is to water the plants around the library. How fun is that! Some of them are lookin' pretty bad and need some good lovin'. So I got my book cart and piled it high with water jugs and pulled it around watering the trees and plants. I also cleared out the leaves from the pots and picked off the dead leaves on the trees. So fun! I love taking care of plants and now I get paid for it. It is my job every Wednesday (W for water) and this is serious business. No plants will be dying on my watch! I plan on loving them and nourishing them and maybe even speaking some encouraging words to them. Positive vibes are supposed to help plants you know.

I also take care of my plants at home and am really enjoying them. I have a cute little bed that I water about every other day now since it is so hot. I have some caladiums, some ferns and some other random plant that was in there dying already that I have nursed back to health and now it gets little yellow flowers.

I also have a small rose bush that is doing well and a cherry tomato plant. I am not sure if it is going to survive the hot summer though. It needs lots of sun but after a day of frying in the killer Texas sun it does not look happy. The leaves are droopy and losing their color. I try and water it every day to keep it going but I am not sure if it is enough. I have seen a couple of yellow flowers but I will be surprised if it gets tomatoes. But this is my first time to grow food so it is my guinea pig. I will keep you posted! :)