It is the second week of school and I am already tired. Tired from lack of sleep (my social life's fault, not school) but also tired of business. My summer was pretty chill and un-busy so I am trying to adjust back to a schedule and a busy life, but I dont like to be busy. I know "busy" is the common response to "how are you" (2nd most popular after "fine") but I dont want to be busy.

I enjoy having time to sit on my front porch and enjoy the cool night air, having lunch with a new friend or just spontaneously making cookies. All of which I have done in the last 2 days when I should have been doing "good student" things. Something has got to go!

Some of you probably think I am crazy because compared to most grad student schedules mine is calm but thats how I need it to be. I need to be able to veg some in the evenings. I desperately need to spend time with friends, to worship at church and to be silly with roommates. I do not want to be busy. I want to have a still morning of coffee, breakfast and peace. If these things are important to me I need to learn to manage my time better but this is not really a gift of mine.

I tend to let time get away from me instead of using it wisely. I like not worrying about time because I think sometimes we are too constrained by it (that is another blog) and forcing myself to be on time to meetings and class and jobs are enough. I want my non-timed time to be open but where is the balance! (not necessarily asking for an answer, just typing out loud)

I know some of my semester will be busy and that is just part of life but I am going to work hard to not be busy AND not worry about time AND fit in everything I need to get done. Ask me at the end of the semester how that one goes! Ha!

Thanks for reading, now it's TIME to read! :)