Football season is here and I am ready for it. Usually when the season ends I am ready to move on to something new but every September I have had a good break and am ready for it to start.

I still remember the first NFL game that I watched the entire thing. I cant tell you who played or who won but I was at my grandparents house and I was proud I made it through the whole game. I was pretty young, maybe 10 yrs old. I think I wanted to want to watch football because my brother and my dad liked it. So I guess I thought if I wanted to hang out with them I needed to be into football. My enjoyment grew over the years and now I am happy to even sit down and watch a game by myself, but company is always better.

Playing fantasy football has helped my enjoyment even more. This is my 5th year and it has helped me learn the players and pay attention to their abilities. Games are more fun to watch when you know who is playing and what their team is made up of. I will never know everyone (and dont want to because that would take up too much brain space) who plays but as long as I can keep up with what is important each season I am pretty happy. I play in a league with my brother and his friends and my favorite fantasy season was the year my parents had a team. My mom spent more time managing it than my dad did. She was so funny to hear her talking about her QB or WR or whatever. It helped her be more involved in the mania that is football season. Its fun to, as a family, all be into the same thing.

We are an NFL family and our team is the Houston Texans. Dont laugh! I know they are not awesome but we are not bandwagon jumpers. We have been fans since the beginning and always will be. But you better watch out, it may be a while till we make it to the playoffs with the Colts in our division, but we had a 8-8 season last year. I would rather people think we are bad so eventually we can surprise them! My dad blesses our family with tickets to a game every year and we have so much fun. Even if someone doesnt like sports, GOING to a sporting event is entertaining enough with all the crazy fans and expensive food and funny things going on. I love it!

I am excited to be back in TX for the season because rarely did I get to see the Texans play in Denver. I enjoyed watching the Broncos and witnessing the Jay Cutler-Jake Plummer switch, but it just isnt the same. I never wavered in my Texans faith, but its easy to get caught up in the excitement of a city when you live there (especially when the Rockies made it to the WS).

Anyways, Im excited to get to watch some more Texans football but there is something different about being in TX. Seems like people are way more into college football here. I guess that is because of the 3 big schools here, but I have just never gotten into college ball. I tried my senior year because it is very fun to watch, but it is hard when you dont have a school you follow. I could just pick one but if I am not passionate about it I wont keep up with it. My mom went to A&M, dad UT, grandparents Tech, and brother OU...and I go to ACU. How am I supposed to choose?!?! So I just stay out of it. I feel almost wrong saying I am a UT fan when their fans are so intense that I do not even come close. I can enjoy watching games with others and will always go for at TX school (or OU) over another state but I cannot call myself a fan.

I also get so overwhelmed with how much there is to know about college ball. There are SOOO many teams and SOOO many players that change so often I cant keep up. Im happy if at the end of the season I know who the Heisman candidates are. Also, the rules are slightly different than NFL so I get confused. But football is football and I enjoy it all!

I hope I can enjoy futbol as much as I do football. I try now but I have a lot to learn.