That's right! I saw the president! Mr. President Obama.

Or, well, to be more accurate I saw Mr. President's car but that is almost the same and I am pretty sure we made eye contact through those tinted windows. :)

This is the story. I was in DC looking at the monuments with friends from out of town. It had just gotten dark and we were heading away from the Washington Monument (which is close to the White House so probably on his drive home from somewhere important).

We had noticed some flashing red and blue lights at a few of the intersections and traffic backed up some and wondered what was going on but I did not want to go and find out. It is usually best to avoid flashing police lights.

So we were standing next to one of the streets and looked up and a helicopter was flying real low over the Washington Monument and I said that I did not think anyone was allowed to fly over this area and how strange that seemed. Then the road in front of us was clear and then came the motorcade.

There were probably 5+ motorcycles, numerous SUVs, then two limos with the presidential seal on them (eye contact made here), then more SUVs, two ambulances, and some more motorcycles. It had to be him. No one else would get that treatment.

Hello Mr. President!