I am a new NPR convert and I must proclaim it to the blogging world!!!

I have never been a huge fan of talk radio of any kind. I have listened to ESPN radio a bit but mainly I associate talk radio with me getting into my mom's car, hearing Rush Limbaugh and changing it to some pop station. I never had any interest in hearing him or anyone else talk on the radio...until now.

I think some of my conversion has to do with the fact that I am in my car more now than I have been in a really long time. I get tired of hearing the same songs on the music stations over and over (why do they do that, by the way?) and I have trouble finding a clear station to listen to my ipod through.

NPR was suggested to me so I decided to give it a shot and I really enjoy it. As I understand it, it is a liberal talk radio show but I cant really tell. I usually change the station if they get to talk about too much political stuff but what I really enjoy is the news from around the world. They are always talking about some situation somewhere and I love hearing about somewheres.

I have listened to reports about post-earthquake Haiti, the war in Somalia, FARC in Colombia, the situation in Iraq and the list goes on. I love learning more about what is going on in the world and although I may not take time to read a ton of articles about the news I am totally willing to listen to different people talk about it while I sit in traffic bored anyways.

Other memorable listening sessions have been about NASA- I love NASA and want us to go to Mars ASAP, Justin Timberlake- did you know he was funny, and Desmond Tutu- my hero.

I feel so up-to-date and educated after listening to NPR and I love it. I love world news and science news and especially positive news. NPR does not just focus on all the bad stuff in the world but the good stuff too and I like that. It is a good balance.

I am an NPR convert and I will not be ashamed!