Last Saturday I had the opportunity to see the National Symphony Orchestra play at The Kennedy Center in D.C. It was such a surprise that I got to go and I was thrilled. A friend from church called me Friday afternoon and invited me and I could not turn it down.

The outside view

To be honest, before coming to this area I had never even heard of The Kennedy Center but since being here I got the impression that it was kinda a big deal. I had no expectations of ever being able to see a performance there and just hoped for a tour or something. Then this opportunity came along!

The Hall of Nations- I found Chile's flag

I tried to dress nice and look as formal as possible with what my informal wardrobe has to offer. Luckily there is no dress code so there were people dressed in jeans all the way up to formal gowns. The building is absolutely beautiful and has an amazing view of Georgetown and the Potomac River. These are not my pictures on here but they will give you an idea of what the place looks like.

Inside the concert hall- we sat on that far wall in the first box next to the stage

So we attended the symphony and it was amazing. The first piece they played was a little odd and modern but the second piece, Beethoven's 9th Symphony was spectacular! I was just happy to listen to something but someone I knew their name but it really was a wonderful performance. In the last movement a large chorus was on stage and they sang along while the symphony played. I absolutely love hearing a large chorus sing and they were wonderful.

It was all wonderful. I had such a good time and I am so thankful to have had the chance to go!