Thursday I took a quick trip out to the Virginia countryside and had a wonderful Mini-Vacation/Road-trip/Retreat that I did not even know I needed. Marilyn, one of the women I live with, has a country house out west of DC and she graciously let me visit for a night.

Can you believe someone lives here and sees this every day

I was able to take long walks, spend a lot of time in prayer, eat lots of yummy food, read and just enjoy the quiet. It was seriously amazing how quiet it was out there. No sounds except the crickets and the occasional gun shot from the neighbor. I also was able to see the stars so brightly. I had forgotten that I cannot see them in the city and I really enjoyed gazing at them, despite the cold.

I could walk/run here everyday

Marilyn took good care of me and gave me free reign to do whatever I wanted or needed. She provided yummy meals, gave me a great tour of the little town near by and took me to a delicious dinner at one of her favorite restaurants. We had a lovely time.

Beautiful contrast of green fields and colorful leaves

The drive to and from the country house was spectacular. Seriously, the leaves changing here looks like the trees are on fire. I saw some beautiful aspens change in Colorado but they do not compare to the color variety here. Amazing! There is everything from yellow, to orange, to red, to purple and every shade in between. There are even some trees with all of these colors plus green on them and those just make me so happy. I did not know that was possible.

I love fall and I love Virginia

I don't really consider myself a country girl, I prefer the mountains or the city, but knowing that country can look like this (and not just a dry farm like in Texas)...my eyes have been opened. Thanks for a wonderful time Marilyn!