My mission team!!! Some of you may know this and some of you may not, but I am hoping to get to work as a missionary in South America a few years from now. I have wanted to do something like this since my senior year in high school when I went on a mission trip to Honduras. I feel like God has been preparing me for this for a long time and I actually feel called! How cool is that!

In 21 days, or exactly 3 weeks, or 504 hours (give or take a few) I will be leaving Denver on a flight to La Paz, Bolivia and then on to Concepcion and Temuco, Chile. These are the three cities we plan on visiting to see if we might want to live there in the future. Our team is till in the recruiting stages but we would love to know where we are going to go so that we can start planning and dreaming.

Now on to introducing my teammates. On my team there is Wesley and Ellen Shutt. Wes and I were teammates for our short term missionary internship in Buenos Aires, Argentina almost 2 years ago. When we got back he started dating Ellen and they got married this past Christmas. We also have Reid Overall who Wes and I met in Buenos Aires when he was on a South American mission tour with the Aggies for Christ. After that trip he transfered to ACU where we hooked back up with him. And last, but not least, we have Jeremy Tatum (known as missionary Jeremy because I know way too many Jeremy's). He began meeting with our team and is not totally committed because we want him to have a longer term experience before he decides for sure. But we want him with us. He keeps me up to date on the count down.

I got super excited on Tuesday night because I called one of them to catch up and they were all together. See they all live in Abilene and I live in Denver so I am a little disconnected. We talk on the phone and email regularly so I stay up to date but I am left out of things (my decision, no blame on anyone but me). So when they were all together they put me on speaker phone and everyone got to say hi. There were 3 girls there who I have never met so that was cool. I got to hear Reid's voice which was great because it has been a while since I have talked to him. And along with Ellen and Wes (who I talk to regularly) I got to hear Jeremy's voice. I have only met Jeremy once or twice to my knowledge and we are quite good facebook friends so it was super fun to hear him. I know it sounds silly, but hearing voices was great!!!

Anyways, the countdown continues and I am sure I will report back soon on how the trip planning is going. I LOVE traveling but I am kinda a nervous packer so that should be interesting. I cannot wait to go!