My desire to blog comes and goes. Sometimes I have so many things to write about I could write more than once a day. Other times I don't have much to say but I feel like blogging so I come up with something. Lately I have had nothing to say and have not had the desire. I guess I just feel like I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head that no one really wants to hear about on here. I would rather talk to you about them!

So I think I will continue to stay surface level. I said at the beginning of this that I do not like to read deep, theological blogs and so I did not want that to be the focus of mine. But taking all these theological classes, they tend to consume my thoughts. Those about thoughts about Chile. Which by the way, we leave for our survey trip in 18 days. I have a counter! :)

Our team at a module

Maybe I can let you know what we are thinking will happen on this trip and what we hope to accomplish. We are going to be gone for about 10 days and most of those will be spent in Concepcion (Conce) with a few spent in Santiago with some missionaries there and taking time to look into language schools.
I don't have the best pics of the city, but here are 2 that are ok- I LOVE the trees here!

In Conce we have many things on our itinerary such as:
  • Get a feel for the city
  • Meet with local missionaries and church members
  • Look at houses and apartments with a realtor
  • Go to various stores and price things to see what cost of moving and living will be- stores like furniture, grocery, department, etc.
  • Eat yummy food
  • Visit clinics, banks and schools
  • Take great pictures
Skyline from the hotel

In addition to all of this we will spend a lot of time talking and dreaming about our lives there. We are very excited about this trip and a little nervous. It is very important and we want to make the most of our time. We have been fasting and praying the past few months and believe that the Lord has gone ahead of us and is going to be working in and through us for this short time. Please pray for us!

The girls