Most people my age are blogging about their babies or about their dogs or cats, but I am going to share with you what I enjoy taking care of. Plants! My pictures will not be the best but you will get the point.

I have liked taking care of plants for a couple of years now. I am not great at it and have killed my share of living things, but this spring has been quite successful. I think my desire to have a green thumb runs in the family. My parents have a beautiful yard and my s-law and brother like to plant things too.

Here my mom and I are planting plants at a past house together

When I lived in Colorado I grew some bluebonnets to remind me of home. Last spring/summer I tried to grow a tomato plant but it got fried in the hot summer sun. Oops! This spring I decided to try again. Most of my plants I had froze during the winter so I started over completely.

I planted some seeds a couple of months ago and got to watch the amazing process of them growing. I planted them and forgot which was which or what I even planted so it was a total surprise to see them come up. I loved seeing all their different stages.

Both of these are in the middle stages

Now they are thriving and surviving! They have grown flowers that are continuing to bloom. They have been tough little plants fighting topples off the porch, crazy winds, pouring rains, blazing hot suns, bugs and cats!
Some have more blooms than others so I hope they keep making it so they can grow more and more

Now I just get to look at their beauty each day, water them every once in a while and wonder how long they will last. It is so fun caring for something and seeing it grow and change.

Along the way I also acquired a few other plants that I am now caring for. Our porch is not very big but sometimes I cannot resist. I mean who can pass up free plants especially when they have cute little flowers or awesome pots!

I bought this one at Walmart for $.88- it has done so well

My mom got me this one for my b-day because I have been wanting this cute tea cup pot for a while

This sweet little plant has cute pink flowers on it and at night the leaves and flowers close up

Close up

Brave cat protecting the flowers