"It's about bunnies," Sawyer from LOST says about Watership Down. I just finished reading this book and its true. It is a story about the lives of bunnies and all their adventures and trials. As strange as this sounds, it was a great book. I have wanted to read it for quite a while but never read it in school and just now got around to it. I needed some light reading and it fit the criteria just perfectly.

I am also excited about my next reading adventure. As part of my mission team's training we want to learn more about Chilean history. I have not been super thrilled about this and have put it off until now. This is not because I do not enjoy history but because I would rather be told history or watch a movie about history than to read a history book. It sounds like a total snooze to me but I have found a way to make it more exciting. The history book I will be reading is The Conquest of Chile with the main character being a conquistador named Pedro de Valdivia.

There is a Chilean author I enjoy reading named Isabel Allende. I have read two of her books and have been wanting to read more of them. Most involve or take place in Chile or involve or are set in an "unnamed Latin American country" (aka Chile). They are grand stories with many layers and characters. The one I am about to begin is called Ines of My Soul and it just happens to be a fictional story about a love affair between a conquistadora and Pedro de Valdivia as they establish the country of Chile.

So I will be reading a history book about Valdivia alongside a historical fiction novel about Valdivia's love life. How fun is that! I am hoping it will make the history book more interesting and also help me to learn the information while enjoying a fun novel. I am super proud of my plan. And now, I'm off to read!

!Hasta!