Football season is starting! Yea! I know a lot of baseball fans will hate that I have given up on baseball and am jumping into football while it is still pre-season but I really have nothing going for me in baseball. I suck at fantasy baseball and the one team I care about, the Houston Astros, don't have much of a chance. So why not move onto something new to hope about.

I am a devoted Houston Texans fan. I know they have been pretty bad in the past and that may not change but they are my team and I am sticking with them. And no I don't like them just because David Carr is cute, because he is gone now. I do hope he does good with the Panthers because he could have been a good player if he had been with a good team.

Now we have Matt Schaub and I am hoping he can do some good for us along with Ahman Green and some of our new draft picks. From our first look at things it does not look like much of a different team but they can always surprise us. I think our goal should be to be 8 and 8 at the end of the season and not have our QB be the leader in being sacked. Is that too much to ask?

But no matter how good or awful the Texans are I am excited for football season. Today I turned on some pre-season game just to have it on in the background. Is that weird? I love coming home from church on Sundays and laying around and watching football on my little TV and then playing some catch during half time. Who could ask for a better Sunday!

Sadly my Texans are hardly ever played in Denver, but I keep up with their stats and try to enjoy watching the Broncos play who are actually pretty good. They have a beautiful stadium too and I would LOVE to go to a game!

Oh yeah, and when I was in Houston the newspaper gave instructions on how to change your Carr jersey to a Schaub jersey so you don't have to buy a new one. Here is the link . I thought it was pretty funny but useful if you are handy like that!