Wow! This is the second night in a row that I have been up past midnight. Go me! Seems like lately I have had to go to bed early to get up early for work but I did not work today and don't work tomorrow. I like staying up late and sleeping late so lets just hope I can sleep late tomorrow.

Last night I stayed up late because there was a meteor shower going on and I wanted to check it out. I had never seen one before and did not really know what to expect. I seriously thought there would just be tons of large shooting rocks across the sky obviously not close to hitting me but still big and on fire. I was wrong. They were pretty much just shooting stars about every 10 minuets. By about 12:15 I was starting to close my eyes and decided to go to bed because what is the point of watching a meteor shower with your eyes closed! It was still a nice night to sit out on my deck and stare at the stars and be in awe of how ginormous stars are and how they are light years away and I cannot even understand that. And what is even cooler is that God made them for us!!! Of course I like to think aliens and stuff are out there because that could be super exciting (Independence Day anyone?). But I think they are just amazingly beautiful and awesome stars for us to enjoy and see God's greatness!!

So tonight I am up late because I was watching a movie with my friend Jeremy when I got a glorious call. See I was supposed to get up at 4:30am to go on a hike with our campus ministry team and others from church but we decided that was too much. Instead we are meeting at 11am to do our own hike. Along with this call I agreed to go pick up a new Interlink student (International English student) at the airport which after working at Interlink for 9 months I never did this. So I tagged along and got to go wondering around the airport looking for this kid holding a sign and having lots of people stare at me. We did find him and got him to his hotel and now I am home and am off to bed.