It has been an up and down kinda day. It started out great with a night of 11 hours of sleep that I needed badly after working two closings and two openings. So I woke up refreshed and did some things around the house, made some cookies, and wrote some emails. Then I talked to my mom and she was heading to my grandparents in Temple because my grandpa was in the emergency room and no one could get a hold of them. I said a prayer and gave it to God knowing I could do nothing right then.

Later, I met Art to do some videoing of students on campus but we did not have the camera so that was scratched. As usual in ministry our plan did not work out so we got some other things done. We worked on some paper work for getting a booth for the freshman day next week and then found out all the different ways that clubs are allowed to advertise on campus. I had no idea! This new information was so encouraging to me and just made me excited for the new semester. I always felt no matter how many good ideas I had for events they would be a flop if no one knew about them so I am glad to have this new resource. The lady who helped us seemed genuinely interested in us and in helping us and that is always great to have on your side. Then we spent some time on campus, observing students and talking about how we could meet their needs. I got excited.

Then I went from that encouraging time to another one. I set up myself in a private room at the Golden library and got on skype to have a conference call with my mission teammates as they are all in Abilene. It was a little strange being on the computer with all of them in another place and there were the expected awkward silences but it was good to talk with them and see how everyone was. We made the exciting decision to make Concepcion, Chile the for sure place that we will be working. It had been on all our hearts for the summer but we needed time to think but it was made official today. Woo Hoo! We talked about other things going on and there is so much more to talk about but it was good for today.

Talking with them made me want to be back in Abilene so so much. It was my decision to be here in Colorado and miss out on things in Abilene and I have loved my time here but it is time to go back. Now I am super pulled between the two places and am trying to find a healthy balance. I am totally committed to the Rocky Mountain Campus Ministry this semester and I want to be engaged and work hard a my job and be successful but I am also very dreamy and excited about being back in Abilene in school and with my teammates. I just pray that God helps me work it out between the two. Some days I am so glad to be in Colorado and cry just thinking about leaving and other days (like today) I sit in the cold night air in August and dream about Chile and I cannot wait to be back in Texas. Seriously pulled.

Anyways, so I am up and down about all that and then I got some more news about my gpa. My medical knowledge and understanding is limited but he had a hernia in his intestines and was in surgery for 3 hours to fix it. Then there was something about a cadaver and a slit in something but think he will be ok as long as there are no complications. He will just be in the hospital for a week. So I am relieved that he came out of surgery ok and I pray that he heals well. I hate stuff like this. I feel so helpless. Please pray for him!!