I have been working at Starbucks for over two months now and I have really gotten the hang of it. I like the people I work with and I love seeing and talking with all the different people that come into the store. We have our regulars that come every day and then the random people that stop by. You never really know what each day will be like and I would like to share some of the interesting experiences I have had since working there.

Most Awkward Moment:
This occurred last night. The store was pretty empty and I was in the storage closet putting things up from our order. There was a large group of older adults sitting at a table and talking pretty loudly and I could not help over hearing part of their conversation. Lets just say the major words that stuck out to me were words like vibrator, position and naked!!!!! I am glad I was in the closet so they did not see my face. I think anyone, no matter how old they are, should maybe keep their voices down on these topics in a quiet public place. I am glad that older people still enjoy themselves but i do not want to hear about it!!!

Scariest Moment:
They tell us that the most common times to get robbed are the first 30 min. of opening and the last 30 min. before closing. So to avoid this we are careful with the money and not going out into the dark by ourselves. The other morning I was opening and the store was still closed and we were getting things ready. I heard a knock on the window and looked up and a guy was trying to say something to me. I just held my hand up and said we opened at 5 but that was not what he wanted. So I went closer to the window and asked what he wanted. He seemed really worried said he had given us the wrong newspapers and he needed to get inside. I asked him to wait and told the shift that I was working with. She said he would have to wait because she had all the money out. So I told him this and went back to work. I looked up a few minuets later and he was gone and he never came back. Now maybe he just decided it did not matter but my little instinct inside said that he was lying and that is not what he would have done when he got inside. I like to trust this instinct too because usually it says everyone is nice and will not hurt you but once in a while it goes off and I like to listen to it. Thankfully he did not come back.

Oddest Moment:
This is another time that I cannot be for sure that I am right but I really think I am. This happened one morning when not much was going on. A lady came in and ordered a drink and sat down at a table. Normal right? Then some police came in just to get some coffee and she looked at them and got up and went outside leaving all her stuff at the table. Once they were gone she came back. This happened two more times when cops came inside and the last time she took her stuff and went to the bathroom and never came back (our bathroom connects to the place next door). Now maybe I am just looking for excitement but I really think she did not want to be seen by the cops! I wonder what she did!

Funniest Moment:
Last Saturday morning I was working and a girl came in and she was not very steady on her feet. Pretty much right away it was clear that she was totally drunk and she informed me that she had just drove from Gunnison which is about a 3 hour drive. Scary to think she was on the road that long since she could hardly stand. So she ordered her drink and I told her it was $2.74 and she looked up and said "No you're $2.74!" It was all I could do to keep from cracking up in her face. Then she started looking in her purse for money and looked for about 5 min. when Johnny, one of our regulars and super nice man, offered to pay for hers. She took her drink and slowly and wobbly walked outside, having trouble opening the door. She stayed around for a while coming in and out looking very confused. I am not sure where she ended up but I think a friend came and got her.