This weekend was the RMCM fall retreat and we went to a cabin in Leadville, Co deep in the Rockies. It was an awesome weekend and we did not want to come back.

The weekend did not start out as great as it ended though. I had already been battling a cold for two days and I sounded worse than ever before. I debated staying behind but I cant really say no so I went along promising to get sleep and take it easy. We made the drive up there and I gave my lesson for the night and crashed while everyone else stayed up playing games. I slept amazing which was nice. Probably helped that I took two NyQuil and two IB Prophine that totally knocked me out for the night.

Saturday we woke up and had amazing pancakes for lunch and then had another teaching time led by Bri. Out weekend theme was Dying to Live and our thoughts were centered a lot around the things we have been reading in Irresistible Revolution. I spoke on "Jesus Wrecked My Life" meaning how choosing to follow Jesus does not make our lives easier but harder sometimes and we should be prepared for that and ready to sacrifice anything for him. Easier said than done of course. Bri spoke on reaching out to the poor, living below our means, and giving up things that are hard for us.

After her lesson we got ready, piled into two cars and went off roading in the mountains. The guy whose parents own the cabin was with us and he led the was in his huge truck! We had some fun with the walkie talkies and then found an awesome place to relax, hike, throw rocks and play around that was super secluded. It was kinda chilly but a beautiful day. The leaves are starting to change and we had an awesome view of the mountains.

When we got home we crashed for a bit, had some good down time and then I made a delicious dinner of black beans and rice and sausage. Mmmm good! After dinner Art gave his talk on how it looks to live out the Gospel in every day jobs and whether we need to sell everything and follow Christ.

The night continued with the longest, funnest game of pool ever, intense games of spoons and a movie until we fell asleep. Today we woke up late but still had time to stop off at the cuttest little coffee shop in Leadville before hitting the road. We had an uneventful drive back with amazing views and we were just glad it was not blizzarding like last time. The weekend was fun, encouraging, thought provoking and just and awesome time. Here are a few pics of our small but super cool group!

Hiking fools!

Grrr! We are so strong!

Group pic!

Goofy RMCM staff with perfect names. Art, Bri and Dee!!