I have been wondering if/when this would happen and it hit me this week. I miss Colorado. Things are awesome here in Abilene and I know this is where I am supposed to be, but sometimes I need a little reminding.

I dont know exactly why I started feeling it this week, but it was probably a combination of things. Maybe it was after looking at the pictures of Jeremy and Kelsie having an AWESOME adventure into the mountains. Or maybe it was because I have been stuck inside a lot lately and am getting the itch to do something fun outside, but Abilene is limited. I know some of it is because of my out-of-placeness here.

In CO I had an amazing church that loved me and I had a place with them. I loved my teens and laughing and being a kid with them. Grad school is so adult. I also had a job that was somewhat evangelistic and another job that was totally in the secular world and I was surrounded by non-Christians a lot. And I liked that. I liked hearing about their lives and letting them see the hope of Jesus in mine. I liked seeing all the different people come in and out of Starbucks and getting to spend a few seconds of our lives together. I liked having to work hard at my relationship with God instead of floating by like I am here. I loved walking outside and being overwhelmed by the beauty of nature around me. I liked a lot of things.

But Abilene is good too. I LOVE my teammates and they love me. We have the best times together and have great conversations about God and missions that I could have with no one else. The thing that makes me different from a lot of people, they have it too, and cant explain it either. I get to go to class and learn about God and the Bible and how to better my Christian walk. I get to study the Bible for school. That is way cool. I get to meet new people all the time who have cool stories and we have Jesus in common. I liked being challenged even if it is frustrating.

All this to say I miss Colorado and cannot wait for spring break, but I need to be in Abilene. Since I need to be in Abilene I need to focus on the positives and not what I am missing out on. I am good at that.