I have been writing this blog for a little over a year now. I had forgotten but was reminded tonight while watching the superbowl and remembering where I was last year. I was at home in Houston in pain after knee surgery, watching the game with my friend Randi. I just looked back over my beginning posts and had a little time of reminescing. Not exactly the best time in my life but it was memorable.

I can't believe it has been a year. So much has happened. First of all, my knee is doing much better. It is still not fully healed and my never be, but to the eyes of most people I am fine. My scars are still fading and strangely I still have a bit of a bruise on the back of my knee but they are all little reminders of that awful day last December.

It's amazing how much a somewhat major injury can change you. My life is still awesome and I can do most things I want, but a day does not go by that I dont think about my knee. There is always a pop or a pull or a buckle that reminds me that I am still not the same. Oh, and I have never fully regained feeling in my leg where they numbed me. All the Dr. says is "give it time." All of this reminds me to be careful and not push myself, when before there was nothing stopping me. Want to jump out of an airplane? Sure! Want go to rock climbing? Totally! Want to run another half marathon? I'm there! But not anymore. I am much more careful with my body now and probably always will be. I decided after my surgery that I would rather die in an accident then have to recover from something major. And since I don't want to die I will just limit my risk-taking activities to a minimum. I still have a blast, do awesome things and hardly even notice that my life has changed. But it has and I am thankful for the lessons learned.

A year ago I do not think I would have known I would be in grad school now. Nope, I would have seen myself still in Colorado. As much as I miss CO and as intimidating as grad school is I am so happy and thankful to be here. I am having an awesome time with my teammates, learning a lot and planning exciting things for my future. Some of it scary, but exciting and hopefully following God's will. Cant wait to see what the next year of blogging brings. Keep reading!!!

Here are some cute pictures of my team.

Top left: Jeremy Tatum, Sara Lukkason, Chad Lukkason, Ellen Shutt, Wes Shutt Reid Overall, Me, Lauren Sutton




We are good at being silly!

Breakfast + Home church in pajamas = best Sunday ever