Living conditions in Colorado were not always the greatest. No matter what time of year there was always a possibility of snow which meant bad driving conditions. When hiking, skiing or driving in the mts. there was always the chance of an avalanche. Sometimes the wind was so strong it could blow you off the road and being outside anywhere you always had to be on the look out for mt. lions or bears. But there was one thing in Colorado I hardly ever worried about. Bugs!

There were a couple of weeks during the summer that my house was infested with spiders (awful weeks in my life) but other than that bugs were not an issue. But Texas is different. Texas has bugs. I was reminded of this little truth last night.

I was in the shower and did not have my contacts in. I looked down and saw a dark spot. So I leaned closer and guess what I saw. A BUG! Now I know it seems silly and this is something I do not like about myself but I HATE bugs and I cant kill them. Not because I feel sorry for them but because it is too scary. Stupid I know. So, I hurried through my shower, too afraid to kill it for fear of it jumping on me and me not seeing it because of my lack of vision at the moment. I made it safely through the shower and washed it down the drain when I was done. Back to a bug free and fear free life right?

WRONG! Because of that little bug, every time I thought about it I had the sensation that little things were crawling all over me. Yuck! And as I went to bed I laid down and had a flash back from this summer when I woke up and there was a spider right about my head on the wall. So I had to get up and turn the light on and check my room for bugs. So it begins!!!!

Yesterday was a warm day and warm days bring out the bugs for some reason. I discussed my problem with my roommate. She luckily is not as afraid as me but we both cringed at the thought of roaches. Colorado did not have roaches. Texas has roaches. While my biggest fear is spiders, roaches are just awful. They are huge and scurry all over the place. They get anywhere, even in your food and no matter how clean your house is there is nothing you can do about them. I cant step on them because you feel and hear them crunch and it makes me want to throw up. I need to go to the store and buy some roach killer spray and be prepared for what is to come.

I have never been in Abilene for the summer time but now I am nervous. I am not ready to be married but man a husband would be nice in these situations.