It's that time of year. Time for spring break! Man I missed having a spring break when I was working. It seriously comes at the best time ever. This week I have been studying for my New Testament midterm and now it is over. I studied enough but not too much. I do not think I did awesome, but I did the best I could and I am happy with it. But I am more happy that I am done with it. I kinda have that "I just finished my first grad school test" high. Know it? Ha!

Another exciting thing is that I ran yesterday! This was the first time I have run, outside of physical therapy, in over a year and a half. I have been saying that I am done running because I am overly protective of my knees now (ACL surgery does that to you) but I just got the bug. It was sooooooooooo beautiful outside yesterday and running is kinda big at ACU and we have this super nice loop around campus so I gave in. I did 2 miles and it was good. I was not really in pain, but I felt like I was pushing myself and I could feel my leg muscles and heart saying "Thank you!!!!" I loved it!

I am telling myself now that I do not want to go more than 4 miles. Maybe I will focus on pushing myself in those 4 miles because the higher mileage is what hurts my knees. When I got done I iced my poor little knee (I still hug it sometimes and tell it I am sorry, wierd I know) and today it feels pretty good. It feels a little sore and a little tight but nothing I didn't expect, and my muscles are not sore at all! I am promising myself though that I will not have running be my only exercise. I need to cross train. Run, walk, bike, basketball, football, soccer, baseball, jump rope, etc.

So tomorrow I leave for beautiful Colorado and I am super excited. I am not feeling the "I need to get out of Abilene" itch yet but I know it will come and this is probably my last chance before June so I need to take it. I am not really looking forward to the 12 hour drive by myself but I got some audio books and some good snacks so I should be ok. So if anyone is traveling or bored tomorrow give me a call!

My time in Colorado is going to be a spontaneous time, which I need after having a schedule for the past few months. I have a few things I want to do and lots of people I want to see, but not much planned. The only real plan is on Saturday to have an adventure with Jeremy, and probably Trey and Danna too. Hopefully this means snowshoeing! Other than that I just want to spend time with the people I love there, enjoy the glorious scenery and get some work done. I know everyone takes work on spring break and then doesn't do it, but I HAVE to! If I don't I have to come home early which would = sad Dee. I need to get all of my little papers done so when I get back I can hit the major research papers hard! But I can just find a good spot to look at the mountains and get some work done. Maybe I will even go to the Mines library. Such a dork!

The last and yet first exciting thing is tonight! Do you even have to ask? Thursday night? LOST NIGHT! I think this might be the 7th episode which is sad and yet so exciting. I am watching it with some of my mission team and I am just so pumped to spend time with them. The semester has gotten busy for everyone and we are seeing each other less and less so I look forward to every second with them. I love Thursdays!!!!!!!!

I am all jittery and excited. Probably because I had more coffee this morning than I have since like December. Wow! I had coffee because I woke up early this morning to study. It was still dark outside and I had NO idea what was going on. My first thought was that it was time to go to work at Starbucks. Man, that 4:30am shift will haunt me forever!

Hope everyone else has a good spring break. Be safe!