Want me to sing the whole state song for you? I really can. It is much better than Texas' and I don't really even have the Texas song memorized. Anyway, I went to Oklahoma this weekend to visit my brother, sis-in-law, and my parents joined us from Houston. We planned on have a nice, relaxing weekend to just hang out and celebrate Shannon's b-day. But of course things never go as planned.

Last weekend my great aunt died and she lives near OK City so on Saturday we drove up and went to her funeral. I did not know her well but the funeral service was nice and it was cool to get to see and meet the people that did know her well. I also got to see and catch up with extended family that I do not usually see in March or any other time of the year. My aunt is back from the peace corp and this was my first time to see her so that was wonderful.

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with each other, playing with the dogs and eating A LOT! I drove home Sunday night and had a glorious show to watch on the way back. I was coming into Abilene from the north and was about an hour away and the lightning storm was awesome! I could see it all around me and at that moment was so thankful for the big open sky and lack of trees. Sometimes the lightning would light up the entire sky!

I drove along enjoying the entertainment and then realized I was driving right into the storm and really couldn't see how bad it was. Being the kid who grew up in Oklahoma my mind went straight to tornados so I found a radio station to keep me updated. No tornado, just lots of rain, hail and lightning. The rest of the drive was not as fun. It was pouring and lightning was striking sometimes less than a mile from my car. I kept reminding myself that you do not get fried if your car gets struck. But I was just waiting for it! Luckily I made it home slowly, but safely.