There are so many fun play on word jokes you can make with Chile! I love it! I just wanted to write a little blog dedicated to my teammates and Chile because it has been on my mind a lot lately.

It has been an interesting semester so far. Not exactly what I was expecting when I came back, but nothing ever is. We have had some amazing times and some rocky times, but all of it good an necessary and I am so thankful for every moment. We have come so far and have so far to go, but God started all of this and he is going to continue to lead it and we need to let him. So to everyone on the team I love you and can't wait to see what happens next!! Here are 2 pics of beautiful Concepcion. Look at those beautiful trees. And can you see the coast?


Ok, enough sappy stuff! Chile is so cool! The coast line alone stretches for about 3997 miles = 6435km. (I need to start learning that conversion but a big thanks to converters on the internet!!!) It is so stinkin' long! Because of that it covers so many different climates. Also did you know that the Andes mountains run through it. Way cool!

At the top of Chile the area is desert. We actually flew into there and it was the strangest thing to see huge sand dunes all around. The desert is called the Atacama Desert.

Further south from the Atacama is the beach town of Vina del Mar. Pretty sure this is a big vacation spot. Seriously this country has all the climates!!!

When we go we are not going to have much money and our point for going is not to travel, so I am sure we will never see everything we want to see but I am already dreaming now. There is so much hiking and adventures to go on I cannot wait to go camping and exploring and see what God's beautiful Chile has to offer. South America's tallest mountain is Cerro Aconcagua and it is on the boarder with Chile and Argentina and it stands at 22,843 ft. or 6960m. Eat that 14ers in Colorado! Ha! : ) There is no way I could ever climb that, especially with Concepcion practically being a sea level but maybe I can see it! See the picture below? That's me hiking in a few years!

Chile also has its own Patagonia. No not the store, the area of land that is full of "sexy mountains" (thanks to Tamara for that phrase) and glaciers! It also has the largest ice fields in the Southern Hemisphere, after Antarctica of course. I have visited the Argentine Patagonia but I cant wait to visit the Chilean side. The picture below is of Torres del Paine which is a mountain down there that looks super awesome with those 3 rock towers. I hope I get to see that too!


All this to say Chile is an amazingly beautiful country with amazingly beautiful people and I cannot wait to move there and serve them and teach them about Jesus. I am going to miss my family so so so much but this is what God has made me to do. Who can argue with God right?

FYI- If you type Concepcion, Chile into Google pictures of our team comes up. Way cool!!