I really like being an observer. I don't know if I would call myself observant when it comes to important things but I love observing the world as it moves around me and questioning things in my head. Lucky for the people around me that I have a filter because if I asked every question that popped into my head I might get annoying. Along with observing and thinking I love when my life randomly collides with strangers and I get to share a moment with someone I will probably never see again. I will take you through my morning/afternoon yesterday and explain the thoughts I had and the people I ran into. They may seem boring but it keeps life interesting in my head thats for sure.

I went to the eye doctor for the 3rd week in a row. The first week had an infection I needed to get checked out. He gave me drops to take for a week. The next week I got the ok that everything was fine and got a trial pair of contacts to wear. This week I went in to say the trial pair was good and to order new ones. Things I thought about were:

1. What would make someone want to look at people's eyes all day long for years for their job?
2. What does he think of me (regular thought, not because I worry, just because I am curious)?

3. What days coordinate with what color? (the assistants always have matching colored shirts that have been a different color each time I have gone)
4. What are these people's lives like outside of this job? (another regular thought, I always want to walk in people's shoes for one day and see the world through their eyes)

After the eye doctor I went to give blood at the blood center. They called me a few months ago to give because they were low on my type. I went in but my iron was too low to give. Then lately I have been more tired than I should be and my mom thought maybe my iron was low since I don't eat much meat. What is a good free way to get your iron checked? Give blood! My iron was fine but giving blood always spurs a lot of questions.

1. How would the question lady respond if I said yes to questions like "have you had sex with someone infected with HIV" or "have you ever paid money for sex with a prostitute" or "have you ever used a needle for drugs." Do people really go in there and say yes?
2. Why are there always blood taker people with big earrings and stylish hair?
3. What makes someone want to be a blood taker? Is it a dream job or just something to do?
4. Is that girl having a bad day or does she always talk bad about people behind their backs?
5. What do these people think of me?
6. Do the people in the hospital appreciate the blood taker people or look down on them?
7. I sure hope these needles are sterile.
8. Are they really thankful for me giving or do they have to say that?
9. Do these people want to have conversations while they work or to just be left alone?

The blood told me to eat a hardy meal and since I don't have much hardy food at my house I went to Taco Bell on my way home for a cheap, hardy meal. Taco Bell is the perfect place for observation and talking with strangers. Every time I go there I end up talking to someone and they are usually old. So here we go.

1.Why do old people like Taco Bell? My grand parents love it and half the store was filled with them.
2. Is the girl at the counter really excited to be working there or faking it? I like her either way.
3. Why is that old man eating alone? Is he getting food for his wife or is she dead and he is really lonely?
4. Does the old man talking to me need someone to talk to or is he just being friendly to me like I was to him when I started the conversation?
5. Is it strange to talk to people I don't know? Will I ever see them again? Are we all connected like on Lost?
6. Why did he just wink at me?
7. Does that old woman look mad because she is or she just looks like that?
8. How would any of these old people respond if I gave them a hug or sat down to eat with them?
9. What response are you looking for when you tell me ACU is a great school?

People and this world just fascinate me!! How silly that I get such entertainment and joy out of going to the eye doctor, giving blood and eating at Taco Bell! Life sure is interesting if you just look around and enjoy it.

On a different note I just had to share this pictures of our team meeting. Aren't we so cute!

And thanks so much to Sara for sporting the best hair style ever in honor of me!