Haha I thought that title was funny. Really I just mean that I have been reading The Shack. I know some of you are shocked because of my dislike for what I call "God books" but I read this one so I could participate in a book/tea night with ladies from church. The night was worth it and the book was not all bad either.

I will not say I agreed with everything the book said about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and their relationship with humans, but it did make me think. It put some new ideas in my head about God's character, Jesus' humanness, and the Holy Spirit's presence, and I am always up for new ideas. Some of them may be way off but they are just some thoughts of one guy that he put into a story for his family that got turned into a book. I will not say you HAVE to read it, your life will be fine without it, but if you have have a little time it is worth the read.

Along with discussing The Shack I got to enjoy some delicious hot tea, and last week I got to have tea with a wonderful friend and now I am ready for tea weather! For some reason I don't have a problem drinking coffee in the summer (only in the mornings or evenings) but tea for me just needs to be a winter thing.

I have such fond memories of walking home from work in the cold Colorado winter and drinking some hot tea with my roomies and chatting about our days. That is where I learned to LOVE hot tea. I need something to warm me inside and out and tea (with lots of honey) fit perfectly. Then I came to Abilene and found new tea lovers. I have other great memories of having tea in the evenings with Lauren or just having friends over to have tea and chat. Something about hot tea, snuggly winter clothes and a good friend makes for the perfect moment. Now I just need it to get cold.

In the past I have never been one to want winter to come but I think because my past 2 winters have been spent in CO, where it is already cooler, the leaves are changing and it could snow any day, I am waiting for the cool and it has not come yet. I forgot Abilene lacks the fall season. I have been enjoying the cool evenings and mornings though. They make for perfect walks and gazing at the stars.

But I am ready. I'm ready to drink tea. I'm ready to wear my fleeces. I'm ready to need house shoes. I'm ready to smell pure cold air. I'm ready to cook soup and not get hot from eating it. I'm ready to see my breath in the air. I'm ready for cool weather!