Maybe I am just totally out of style and have no clue what is going on, but what is up with the hair poof? I know this seems like a really shallow and silly post...I guess it is. But I was walking through the campus center today and I try to not have judgmental thoughts about people, but this girl had her hair poofed so high on her head I think it was half the size of her face! It made me wonder about this new style of hair and how it is everywhere in the younger population.

The hair poof seems like an updated version of the 1950's hairstyle the Beehive. Is that what we are going for ladies? I can understand if you have poofy hair (like me) and want the top of your hair to match the rest of your hair, but to make your hair board straight and then have this blob of hair on top just seems silly, ESPECIALLY when you can see through the poof to the other side! That really cracks me up. Or having a cute, nice pony tail and messing the top of your head up with what looks like an ocean wave or a skateboard ramp.
Now I will say that I have a couple of friends that pull this off ok, so please do not be offended by this post. It is just my uneducated hair opinion. I just do not understand who thought this up and decided it was a good way to wear our hair. I know it is going to be one of those things girls look back on 20 years from now and say "what was I thinking!" Or at least I hope so. And you should see how much info there is for this hairstyle on the internet. There are so many how to sites and videos on this goofy style, like it is difficult. I don't get it.

There also is a difference between the poof and just pulling your hair back off your face (see image below for a normal example). I pin the top of my hair back sometimes, and even when I am wearing a pony tail for a little variety, but not the poof. Never the poof!


The poof is almost worse than the huge bug sunglasses!! :)