I am at home in Houston right now, sitting on my parents couch in a quiet house. My dad, brother and sis-in-law drove into H-town to go to Ikea but I chose to stay home and study (which I have done some) and be with my poor sick mom.

As I drove here yesterday I noticed/experienced some interesting things I feel like sharing.

1. I passed this church looking building that made me wonder what was going on there. First, the name was Overcoming Faith Community Center. What does that mean? If it is a church, why are they wanting to overcome faith? Wouldn't that mean they were stronger than faith? That does not make sense. If they are not a church, is it a group that is maybe against faith? I wonder...

2. I got to stop at the coolest rest stop ever! I can never make the 6 hr. drive w/o stopping twice. I usually try to make it 3 hours to Corsicana and then to right north of Huntsville where this little rest stop has always been. I completed this mission but the rest stop has changed since the last time I drove this way. It was back into the trees (the beautiful, tall, dense pine trees of this area) so you could not even see the highway. I pulled up and there was like a welcome center, a playground and super nice bathrooms. There was also a lake with benches around it. I almost wanted to hang out there for a while!

3. I am pretty sure I encountered a drunk driver on the road and was not sure what to do. At first I saw him in front of me swerving. I was coming up near him to pass so I sped by real fast to not be near him long, not thinking to take down his license plate number, just wanting to get away. Then he must have sped up because I had to go about 80 to stay in front of him. At one point I was so focused on him that I sped up, changed lanes and then slowed down in front of an 18-wheeler who flashed his brights at me. Oops! I kept an eye on the guy as he kept swerving and then passed me. Not too much later, still in my sight, he pulled off the side of the road and I did not see him again. What are you supposed to do in that situation? Not long after I saw a sign saying how many drunk driving accidents had happened in that area and it said to call 911 to report them. Next time I will know.

4. Another strange church name I encountered was "The Ark." At first I thought, oh that's nice a place where God saves people. But then I thought more about it and realized the Ark was a place God saved while the rest of the world was destroyed. Is that what we want people thinking the church is? A way to get away from the world that is going down the drain? Not me!

All that is probably pretty boring but it all seemed interesting and exciting on such a boring drive. Now I am looking forward to a fun, relaxing weekend with my family. Yea!