"Nature in these desolate scenes...moves us more deeply than in others." -W. H. Hudson


Patagonia: The End of the World. I wanna go back. It is a place in the world is amazingly barren and yet mysteriously beautiful it its own unique way. Definitely the most amazing place I have ever been in my life. In Patagonia I hiked on glaciers, climbed mountains, took boat rides through icebergs, and stood in silence at the awesomeness of it all.

Usually I am not one to visit some place in the world twice, but more and more I want to return to Patagonia and experience it all again. I do not think I could ever get enough. I was reminded of this desire a few days ago while hiking in the Rockies and gazing over an iced over lake. My mind was flooded with some of the best memories of my life and I wanted to visit there again.

Luckily I am moving to Chile in a few years and I will be closer to Patagonia than I have been in a few years. Also, I visited the Argentine Patagonia so now I will get a chance to see a new part of this amazing, yet haunting part of the world. I have quite a few friends who will gladly take advantage of me living there and maybe we can go on the adventure together.

Being in Patagonia reminded me of how small I am and how far away from my home I was, being at the bottom of the world. It also showed me how amazing God is and how detailed he was in creating this place we live in. It always blows my mind to think of how slowly the glaciers move, so slow that we could never see it, only its effects. Also it is so cool to look at an iceberg and know that I am only seeing about a third of it and there is even more beauty, buried by the deep blue milky water. The air is fresh and cold, the ice tastes so pure, and and life seems so simple. It made me want to scream and stand in silence at the same time.

Patagonia, I hope to return to your majesty soon!

Hiking on one of the glaciers.


Do you see that!!!!

Man I love this place!!