Right at this moment I am sitting at a table using internet for free. At home sitting on my couch are about 8 books that I have wanted to read for a long time and I am borrowing them for free. Also on my living room floor are two classic movies that I am renting for free. How is this possible you might ask? THE PUBLIC LIBRARY!!

Why have I never done this before? Everything is free! You don't even have to pay to become a member. Seriously it seems way too good to be true. I keep expecting there to be a catch but I have not found one yet. Yes, you do have to pay a small fine if books or movies are returned late, but you can also renew them online or on the phone and keep them longer. Cool huh?

I know you are thinking, duh Dee, everyone knows about the public library but this is like a new discovery for me. As a kid we went all the time and I loved getting new books and taking them back and getting more, but it has been a long time since I have done that. I did use the Abilene public library a little but I don't think we (me and Lauren) are allowed in there anymore. Oops! So now it is all new and exciting and I feel so a part of the community, using the public library. Who would pay for internet or books or movies when you can get it for free! Yea!

This new little addition to my life has provided a lot of joy and excitement over the past week. I love it! And this place is so close I can walk or ride my bike to it. And you know, if they do not have the books or movies you want you can request to have them sent here from other Denver libraries at no extra effort from me. Wow! Just seems like in our money driven, taking advantage of country that places like this would not be around anymore. But I am so glad they are and I hope they stick around for a while because it is awesome!