Tomorrow morning at 8:18 I fly from Denver to San Antonio to spend the week in Texas with my family. Yea! But since it is the day before a trip my flying nerves are starting to kick in. I really try not to worry very much but when I fly out of Denver, my natural tendencies start up and I cannot help it. The only thing I can do is keep busy and not think about it.

I used to be a calm, un-worried, excited air traveler, but that was before I moved to Denver. Since I have lived here I have had quite a few airport problems that have sometimes caused me to almost miss my flight by a small amount of time. Most of these times another flight was not an option. Luckily I have gotten smart and get there way way earlier than normally necessary, but in Denver it is necessary.

If it is not a snow blizzard it is a security line that is so long I cannot find the end of it (and the website said the wait was 15 min.) or the terminal trains are not working or my car get stuck in the snow. There are also the times when I forget my cell phone in the car or traffic was awful or the parking lot is full and they lead me on a wild goose chase to find another one or they change my gate about 3 times and I never heard an announcement or all the signs and computers are down and there is no way to even know where your gate is!

My mind is whirling trying to figure out what will go wrong this time. My guess is the bus breaks down, I wake up late, or there is an earthquake and I cannot get out of the city. Lets hope for none of those. I mean since it should not snow in July that lessens my chances of problems but you never know in the wild, crazy, poorly planned airport of Denver.

I seriously hate that airport. It is pretty and artsy and Colorado looking but I think they should have spent less time on the decor and more time on the planning of how the airport would actually run.