I needed today. As you can see from Monday I am feeling a bit overwhelmed for the semester but I guess it is a day to day thing, or maybe just a Monday thing, because today has been wonderful. Today I:

  • Started out the morning with class and we had such interesting discussion about slavery. I learned some things about American history I did not know and I learned a lot about American slavery I did not know. It really made me think about my views on God and scripture and the role of Christians when faced with overwhelming amounts of oppression (and our role when people are too blind to see it).
  • Read scripture in chapel
  • Enjoyed some not so healthy but free pizza with other grad students
  • Had wonderful conversation with friends
  • Made a new cookie recipe
  • Read some of a very interesting book for class called Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes
  • Did a little for curiosity's sake info finding about Greenland and Svalbard- what fascinating (cold) places to live!!!
  • Had a fun and laughter filled evening with church friends- I become more and more thankful for them and more and more blessed every time we hang out
  • Ate my yummy cookies and had some amazing Rwandan tea (the cookie recipe needs some work but nothing that a little experimenting cant help)
  • Worked on my knitting
Thank you Lord for this encouraging, energizing, uplifting day.