I was excited today to find out that the 2016 Olympic games will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This will be the first time a South American country has hosted the Olympics. That is a big deal, especially for Brazil. I just love the Olympics AND Brazil is a spicy, lively country that will be great for such a big event.

I am excited because most likely I will be in South America when this happens and that will be super fun. I mean I guess they are held in the US sometimes and it is not "super fun" being in the US when they are held super far away but there is something exciting about them being in SA while I am in SA.

Look how excited they are! Don't you just want to hang out with them.

I have to say though that as excited as I am for Brazil, looking at the faces of the people who lost made me sad. They look so disappointed! I wanted Brazil to win but as usual, even when the team (or whatever) I want to win does I usually feel bad for the losers.

I remember even as a kid, when the Rockets won the NBA Playoffs...I admit, I felt a little sorry the Orlando Magic. They worked really hard! I guess this is usually associated with sports because I always feel sorry for the losers at the Olympics too even if who I wanted to win won!

There are other strange ways this unnecessary compassion plays out in my life like feeling sorry for inanimate objects that get left out. This could come in the form of a plate that never gets used because it sits on the bottom of the stack and does not get to fulfill its destiny as a plate, or a pair of jeans I do not like as much as my others so most of the time they stay in my closet, abandoned. I never know when it is going to happen so watch out, you might be next.

This sounds super weird and I did not mean for this post to head in this direction. I am going to stop now.

Poor Tokyo

Poor Madrid