Our team spent our first weekend in College Station this past weekend. If you don't know, we are Team 3 for their church and we are very excited to be a part of what they are doing in missions. They are going to support our team for the year of 2010. We will not be in Chile until 2011 but they are going to support us during our training to give us time to fund raise, train, continue to deepen team relationships and visit family. It will be a much easier year to do all that and not have to have a job on top of it. You can see our info page on their website.

We arrived Saturday afternoon after a nice drive together and a delicious lunch at Storms in Hamilton, TX. It was a beautiful day and we had a relaxing afternoon with the girls driving around the town a bit and having coffee at a local coffee shop. I had my first experience driving with a GPS thingy. When they create one that talks back when I ask questions then I will buy one.

Silly girls all wore the same thing- they said it was not planned

That evening we had a yummy dinner with Kelly and amazing ice cream back at his house with is wife Sara. Who can resist Blue Bell's new flavor! I just love it so much. Kelly and Sara were great hosts and we loved talking with them. They have so much wisdom concerning and missions from personal experience and from their son being on the field now. Our team felt blessed by the time we got to spend with them. It was also an exciting evening because A&M beat Tech in Lubbock that night. I am not a huge fan but being in that town it is hard not to be excited.


Sunday morning we were asked to teach class. They split the 7 of us up between 2 adult classes. We were able to share more about our team with church members and I think it went really well despite my fear of public speaking. It has been a while since I have been involved in all the craziness that happens on a Sunday morning in a large church. It was a lot of fun and we got to meet a lot of great people who were very encouraging.

Sad I did not match the other girls

During church service they had Reid get up and talk about us a bit and then showed our video made by Donald. I will have to put that video on here sometime. Donald did a great job but there is just something uncomfortable about seeing your face on 2 huge screens. I don't know how movie people stand it. Then they had us on stage and the elders prayed over us.

Group pic with Kelly and Sara

After church we were treated to a BBQ fund raising lunch with the BBQ smoked by the preacher himself. I got to talk to even more people and I loved it. I love meeting new people and hearing about their lives and sharing with them about my team and I.

The weekend was such a blessing to our team and we are excited to go back next weekend for Missions Sunday. We get to hang out with AFC and go to a football game with t-shirts and everything. I have wanted to go to an A&M football game for a long time, so I am pumped!

Thanks for a great weekend A&M!!