It is homecoming around here at ACU and I am reminded that I have very little school spirit. I have had a good education and made some good friends but have no real allegiance to the school. Yet, this morning I found myself at the homecoming parade. Who doesn't like a "good" (or quirky) parade right?

Anxiously waiting for the parade to start

This was my first year to go and I had some good laughs. I mainly went to support some friends that were in it or who had helped with it but I kind of enjoyed it. It was a beautiful morning and I got to sit around with some friends and laugh at people and it was ok. Some floats had funny costumes, some had good dancing, some were unclear what they were, some were a bit racist, and some were uncomfortable just to be there. Oh ACU, you make me proud!

Penny and Lyuda representing China and Ukraine

The "highlight" of the parade was the free candy and a free highlighter that has 5 different colors on it. Some cute old people were throwing them from their float to advertise the local assisted living. The phrase on it says "The highlight of your retirement!" HA! So clever! :) I am excited to read and highlight this week.

Official parade watchers

Despite the parade's quirkyness I had a lovely morning with my friends. Who wants a normal parade with Shiners and twirlers anyways!