I laughed A LOT this weekend and I think it helped. I am happy to say that Sunday I successfully walked around my house crutch less and today I actually climbed the stairs instead of scooting up them on my butt. I am using one crutch when I first stand or when I leave the house because my knee is still weak and buckles, but it is was an exciting first step! I also had physical therapy today and they thought I was progressing very well and should be able to raise my heal by the end of the week. I know this sounds weird but it is an important step in walking.

Most of this healing is just due to my body working to make itself whole again, but I think laughter helped in this process also. I once again was surprised by my best friend Lauren when my best Colorado friend, Jeremy, showed up at my house on Friday night and I had NO idea. He sent me Randi (which was amazing) and I thought she was his replacement, but I was wrong. So we had a super fun weekend (as much fun as a recovering torn ACL girl can have) and we laughed a lot.

Most of our time was spent hanging around the house, playing games, talking, watching Seinfeld (like the good ole' days) and seeing how long Jeremy could play on my crutches before he fell. We also were blessed with the company of Lauren G and Lauren A who added much fun and laughter. We had a super fun "party" on Saturday night with lots of friends and a good game of Cranium. Sunday I had my biggest outing yet of Half Price Books, Panera, and a movie which I always love, even if I have to cover my eyes a lot and dangerously climb over rails. The evening was finished with a hilarious game of Apples to Apples.

This morning we got up (some of us unwillingly), drank a lot of coffee, ate waffles and ALMOST completed a crossword puzzle, which I am still waiting to see the answers in tomorrow's paper. Then Lauren G and Lauren A left and we drove Jeremy ALL THE WAY to the airport (our pleasure of course) and dropped him off. I was sad to see him and his inappropriateness, shampoo stealing, sneezes, and Seinfeld references go, but blessed to have had him visit me for the weekend. I cannot wait to get back to Denver and have some more adventures!!

To some this might sound like a boring weekend of being at my parents house and playing games but don't be fooled, it was a blast. As said before, I laughed A LOT and I know that this lifting of my spirits also helped heal my leg a little bit too. Another HUGE thanks to Lauren G for organizing and to Jeremy for taking the time to come see me and cheer me up. I love you both!!! And I was so happy to see Lauren A also!