I am not the most eloquent story teller so I am going to let these pictures tell the story.
Friday afternoon I was hanging out at my house, actively participating in my daily routine of laying on the couch with my knee elevated. I was talking to my mom and Lauren about who knows what when the door bell rang. My mom casually got up to answer it as I lay there and Lauren smiled suspiciously at me. I heard some people walk in the door but I had no idea what was going on.

When they came into the living room I turned around and was SHOCKED to see my friend Randi standing in my house. I didn't even know what to say so I just laughed. It was a very strange feeling to see her in my house and not because I didn't want her there, but because she was so out of place. Randi and I met in Uruguay and she recently moved to Denver, but she has never been to my house in Houston so it was so funny to see her there.
So we laughed and hugged and she gave me a vase full of flower pens and told me that she was here for the weekend to cheer me up. It was a wonderful surprise and it was all planned by my other two friends Lauren and Jeremy. Jeremy works for Southwest and he got her a free flight to come down and Lauren helped to arrange it without me knowing. She is really good at that. Since Randi got here we have just been hanging out, playing games, watching TV and movies, and laughing and talking a lot like we do well. It has been a great to have her around to keep my mind off of how much my knee hurts. If you can't read that sign it says "Thanks Jeremy" because it is all thanks to him that Randi got to come and see me. Jeremy you are a great friend and I really really appreciate you sending Randi to me. I can't wait to see you again and give you a huge hug and do something super nice for you.