Another day, another knee adventure. This morning I got up after a better night of sleeping and headed to visit my doctor for the first time after surgery on Tuesday. The meeting with him was real quick and he said everything was doing fine and that I was ready to start physical therapy. He pointed out to me what each incision was for (not that I remember) and showed us how to change my huge brace from no movement to complete movement. He seemed to have a lot more confidence in my knee that I did but I just went with the flow. The worst part of the visit was that he took away the numbing medicine. On one hand it is nice to feel my leg again but along with those feelings come the feelings of pain. Below are some pictures after the surgery and how I am doing.

Thumbs up for laying around on the couch for hours! I think this is the day after.

Thank goodness they wrote NO on my right knee to keep them from operating on the wrong one. They used super permanent marker too because it still wont come off!!

Between seeing the doctor and physical therapy my mom and I went to the grocery store and guess what I got to do! I got to drive one of the motorized grocery carts. It was me against the old people and I really wanted to race them but I held myself back. My mom said we have to go back to take a picture of me because it was so funny. One of the best parts about the cart was that it had a horn!!!! Yes, the horn did sound like a car horn on helium, but it did have a horn. The other part I really liked was when you backed up it made a beeping noise like the huge trucks make. I really wanted to yell out "wide load, back up" but once again I restrained these urges.

After the grocery store adventure, I got to take my first shower in over two days and it was amazing. I got out feeling like I could conquer the world and then reality came back and off we went to physical therapy. The dude that worked with me told me I was doing really well in recovery already and I am going back for more tomorrow. It didn't hurt too much but I am fine with a little pain since I want to get better asap!!

My church here in Houston that I grew up at had flowers delivered to me today. How sweet is that!!! They are so beautiful!

This is what my poor knee looks like. It is very swollen and has 4 incisions. I think the big one is where they took the hamstring out and did most of the ACL repair.

So that is the updated report on my knee stuff. Tonight will be filled with Lauren time watching Grey's Anatomy. Who knows what the knee will bring tomorrow!